The Vision of our college is:
- To increase the number of educators and scholars committed to creating opportunities for educational excellence and equity for all learners, in particular those from rural areas, and to enhance academic achievement at every level.
- To strengthen and intensify the culture of scholarship among Education faculty and build up the spirit of teamwork and collaboration with colleagues from diverse areas of specialization across the campus as well as the state.
- To develop a sustained, comprehensive, and coherent program of research in support of student learning across linguistically and culturally diverse settings.
Our mission is the study and practice of education through teaching, research, and service in rural areas as we aim to:
- Address critical education issues
- Test new ideas and approaches to teaching and learning
- Educate professionals who can facilitate human growth and development in schools, homes, communities, and workplaces, and prepare students for participation in a complex and challenging society.